The words ‘Joy’ and ‘Happiness’ have been often interchanged and mistaken for each other. But to be vividly distinguish between the two similar but distinct words…
Joy is intrinsic, while happiness is mostly extrinsic. In other words, joy does not thrive with the events around us, but happiness is actually measured by evident success and progress.
In order to secure and sustain joy, below are seven (7) ways to do so;
1. Get your Joy from the presence of the LORD [Psalm 16:11] ‘Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.’
2. Rejoice in the salvation of your soul.
3. Let the reality of the scripture be your delight (2 Timothy 1:3-5).
4. Fellowship with the Brethren in the Faith [Hebrews 10:25] ‘Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.’
5. Commune with the HOLY SPIRIT [2 Corinthians 13:14] ‘The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.’
6. Participate in the manifestations of Faith [1 Peter 1:7] ‘That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.’
7. Your joy must not be external or based on your environment.
© Apostle Emmanuel Makarios