We need wisdom for Ministry.
One of the areas we need the wisdom of God, is when ministering on the Altar.
We need to be wise when ministering on the Altar, but must be wiser when ministering on the Altar of our Spiritual Father or Seniors in ministry.
Be very wise when it comes to standing on the Altar of your Father.
I tell people, watch Bishop David Abioye of Winners’ Chapel and Rev Tom of Christ Embassy how they conduct themselves when MINISTERING on the Altar of their Spiritual Father, and you will receive wisdom on how it is done. Most especially when your Father is seated, watching you preach or teach.
- NEVER CLAIM TO HEAR A VOICE TELLING YOU TO CHANGE WHAT YOU WERE ASKED TO GO AND PREACH:
Your Father asked you to teach on Faithfulness but you said God told you to preach on ‘Keys to Success’.
It was not God you heard, it was the gods of your village that wants to destroy you.
- NEVER START A MESSAGE WITHOUT ACKNOWLEDGING HIMSELF AND HIS WIFE FOR THE PRIVILEGE TO STAND ON THEIR ALTAR TO MINISTER:
Let the congregation know from the things you have learnt from him, you will be ministering to them. Most congregation love you more when you openly display your love for their Father and Mother.
GOD IS THE OWNER OF THE ALTAR, BUT THE SENIOR PASTOR IS THE CARETAKER OF THAT ALTAR.
- NEVER YOU WALK TOO FAR AWAY FROM THE ALTAR OR MOVE INTO THE CONGREGATION: Let all things be done decently and orderly. Except it is an EVANGELISTIC and PROPHETIC CHURCH WHERE ANYTHING GOES. But under a decent setting, it is not done.
- NEVER ASK YOUR FATHER, THE WIFE AND CHILDREN TO COME OUT TO THE FRONT, IN ILLUSTRATING YOUR PREACHING ON THE ALTAR:
It is a mark of disrespect and stupidity to do that. No matter how good the illustration is, it is a no go area during your ministration.
- AVOID SAYING THINGS THAT MAKES THE PAIN OF YOUR FATHER MORE PAINFUL AND VISIBLE TO THE CONGREGATION:
If he is still believing God for a Child, don’t always go to the Altar and be ‘shouting’: I have the grace to give children.
If his Marriage has failed, even if you don’t believe in divorce, you must not say things like, “how can a Man of God be divorce”.
That will be madness, because the man on whose Altar you are preaching is divorced.
- NEVER YOU EXCEED THE TIME ALLOTED TO YOU:
You must make it a duty to stop before the time given to you.
It is a mark of disrespect to be given 30 minutes, only to go and use 40 minutes.
The spirit of the Prophet is subject to the Prophet.
Don’t say ‘the Holy Spirit took over the service’. The Holy Spirit is not disorderly.
- NEVER FINISH A MESSAGE WITHOUT SAYING GOOD THINGS ABOUT HIM OR SHARING TESTIMONY ABOUT HIM:
If you are teaching Faith for example, let people know how you have seen him operate the subject of Faith.
Learn to Decrease for your Father to Increase, and he will do everything possible for you to Increase.
I was posted as Pastor 3 sometime ago. I preached my first message same week I arrived the station. In that message, I shared two major testimonies of what God did through the hands of the Senior Pastor. I got the testimony folder from the studio. After that service, there was no week I did not preach for good 8 months. Yet in the preaching schedule for the ministry sent to us, there was no provision for number 3 to preach. If Number 2 refuses to play the role of number 2, any number that plays that role becomes number 2.
This is how most number 2 lost their place.
It is not “eye service”, it is “high service” for high results.
Thanks for reading.
Warri Delta State.
Source: Ndepo TV