Jesus is the way to upright standing with God. After the fall of man, man lost Intimacy with God. God could no longer interact freely with man because the Life He first gave to man was no longer present, Man therefore became dead spiritually.
Even when God used prophets in the Old Testament to lead those who are called by Him, they still didn’t get up to the Intimacy He planned for Man, the Holy Spirit was present but not permanently resident in Man.
Then God perfectly designed a system where Man can get complete restoration back to Life. He designed a single path (THE DOOR) out of His mercy through Jesus. That whosoever believes in Jesus, have access to life and then leading to uprightness in His sight. JESUS IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO ONE CAN HAVE ACCESS TO GOD WITHOUT COMING THROUGH JESUS THE DOOR.
John 10:7 AMP: So Jesus said again, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that I Myself am the Door for the sheep.
8. All others who came [as such] before Me are thieves and robbers, but the [true] sheep did not listen to and obey them.
9. I am the Door; anyone who enters in through Me will be saved (will live). He will come in and he will go out [freely], and will find pasture.
10. The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
10. I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd risks and lays down His [own] life for the sheep.
12. But the hired servant (he who merely serves for wages) who is neither the shepherd nor the owner of the sheep, when he sees the wolf coming, deserts the flock and runs away. And the wolf chases and snatches them and scatters [the flock].
13. Now the hireling flees because he merely serves for wages and is not himself concerned about the sheep [cares nothing for them].
14. I am the Good Shepherd; and I know and recognize My own, and My own know and recognize Me.
Jesus is the door for us to have access to righteousness.The devil comes in divers ways, but not the way that leads to life (Proverbs 14:12). The way that leads to life (Jesus) remains the only pathway to righteousness (upright standing in the sight of God).
John 10:1-2 AMP: I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, he who does not enter by the door into the sheepfold, but climbs up some other way (elsewhere, from some other quarter) is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Proverbs 14:12 AMP: There is a way which seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way of death.
Like a thief the devil goes through the fence trying to take us off the path that leads to life. Even after Salvation the devil will do all he can to take us off that track but only those who knows and follows the voice of the Lord will remain (John 10:4).
AMP: When he has brought his own sheep outside, he walks on before them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.
After we get access to eternal life (God’s own kind of life) we still have to follow Jesus through the Holy Spirit, if not we can get off the path of righteousness and our eternal Inheritance.
Living in Holiness by and through the Holy Spirit will keep us in the path of righteousness.
Anyway outside Jesus (The Door) is of the devil, the road to destruction. The devil comes in divers ways but there is THE WAY WHICH IS JESUS!
Jesus Loves You, He has a plan for your life, you’re not created by mistake but out of His perfect will, quit running. Come to Him as you are today and He will receive you with open arms.