The application of our faith to receive from God is very essential as Christians the currency we spend is FAITH. We receive from God by faith and through faith. God has designed a system for us as Christians that we apply our faith to Get results.
Whenever we ask God for our needs we must trust in Him that He is able to provide, without doubt or worry (James 1:6-8).
“But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.” (NIV)
How do we receive from God?
1. Know your needs not necessarily your wants (your needs are those things that are of more priority in your life). –
2. Take it to God in prayer (James 5:13). –
3. Pray the will of God concerning it. Pray in the Spirit and pray with understanding (1 Corinthians 14:15)
4. Apply your faith (Believe, trust in and rely on God)
5. Wait patiently until you receive from God. Each time you remember your prayer request to God instead of worrying, give thanks to God in advance (seal your prayer request with thanksgiving). –
Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” NIV